Today started out great. I woke up before the kids and was able to take a shower and get ready before they woke up. This is a sign that it would be a good day. Then I heard Max running around up stairs. Max waking up happy is another sign that it was going to be a good day. We ate our breakfast and Max went to the bathroom (good sign) and then I got Max dressed and started to comb his hair. This is where the day turns from good to WHAT WAS I THINKING. Every morning Max wakes up with snarled hair and he hates getting it combed. Today was no different and so when Max started to say the comb hurt, I asked him if he wanted me to cut it. He said yes so I took him into the bathroom and showed him the clippers and asked him again if he wanted me to cut it short, and he said "ya, Dad cut his hair short". So I wrapped a towel around him and asked him again if he wanted it cut. Again he said yes. So a little nervous myself I put the clippers to his head and his beautiful hair started to fall to the ground. I thought oh no what have I done, but I knew that I had to finish. So I kept going and when I was just about done, Max said "NO I want my crazy hair (that's what he called his long hair). But it was to late and he just started crying. I tried to finish but he wouldn't have it. So I just held him as we both shed a few tears. Then I asked him if he wanted to go play with Thomas the train at the mall, and that seemed to cheer him up a little bit. So we headed out the door. Today just happens to be the day that the road in front of our house is being redone, so our truck was parked around the corner. So I put the kids in the stroller and headed to the truck. After the kids were in the truck I attempted to fold the stroller (see previous post about the stroller we love) and I couldn't get it to fold so I called Bob and asked him how to fold it. I finally got it folded and into the truck and we were on our way. When we got to the mall I got the stroller out of the truck and tried to open it. After a few failed attempts I called Bob again to see how to open it. He couldn't remember so then I called my sister Shelli (She has the same stroller) She told me how, but I still couldn't get it. So here I was in the middle of the mall parking lot looking like an idiot under the hot sun trying to get this stupid stroller (that I love) open. Ten minutes later Shelli called me back and told me to try a different button, and Ta Da It worked. We finally made it into the mall where Max had a good time playing with the Thomas train and riding on the Ice cream truck.
It will still take us a while to get used to his new hair cut but at least it will grow back. Here are a few pictures of his new due.
Max let Bob fix his hair
Max showing Bob his new Thomas that I bought him. ( I felt really bad for cutting his hair)
haha! I really enjoyed reading this post! It's funny. Not to make fun of you, but it was funny. Max looks different with short hair, but super cute! Really I think he looks very handsome with short hair. :)
Poor guy! He looks much older now, but just as handsome! If he's like Bob, I'm sure he'll continue this pattern for ever.. short/long/short/long ect.. :)
how sad! Although I have to say that Max look very handsome and big with his new cut. I always think I will let Blake grow out his hair and then it gets to the point that I have to comb it everyday and I cut it, then I regret cutting it and we try to grow it out again. I guess it is a good thing I don't have a girl!
Love it short! I can't get our son Garrett to go long for anything. My mother in law finally asked me to stop cutting his hair. In other words, have it done professionally. Maybe it was a little too lopsided. Oh well, kudos to me for trying. Your blog is great. Isla is a doll! I have fun keeping up with all you guys do! Love you! Aunt Rachel
5 comments:
haha! I really enjoyed reading this post! It's funny. Not to make fun of you, but it was funny. Max looks different with short hair, but super cute! Really I think he looks very handsome with short hair. :)
Poor guy! He looks much older now, but just as handsome! If he's like Bob, I'm sure he'll continue this pattern for ever.. short/long/short/long ect.. :)
how sad! Although I have to say that Max look very handsome and big with his new cut. I always think I will let Blake grow out his hair and then it gets to the point that I have to comb it everyday and I cut it, then I regret cutting it and we try to grow it out again. I guess it is a good thing I don't have a girl!
And that is why I have been slowly going bald, since my mom first cut my hair as a three year old . . . good luck Max.
Love it short! I can't get our son Garrett to go long for anything. My mother in law finally asked me to stop cutting his hair. In other words, have it done professionally. Maybe it was a little too lopsided. Oh well, kudos to me for trying. Your blog is great. Isla is a doll! I have fun keeping up with all you guys do! Love you! Aunt Rachel
Post a Comment