Thursday, January 1, 2009

Wrapping up '08...

December. Where did it go? I remember Thanksgiving and sleeping in on Black Friday while thousands of crazy people flooded stores only to face hours of long lines at 4:00 am. I remember pulling out the stashes of Christmas decorations and lights, I remember going to Christmas parties and getting geared up for the Holidays. All of that however, seems like some sort of prelude to a dream that ended before it began. I remember getting ready for December and Christmas, but then it was all over before I had time to say, "Happy New Year!"

I'm not complaining... December was good to us, but it was so busy we hardly had time to breathe! Here's a breakdown of the month for us.

December 1: Our ward participated in the live Nativity at Tuacahn. Although Shayla, Max and I opted out of the participation part, we did go and watch those who didn't.

December 3: Shayla's mom's birthday. Although She's in Kirtland, Ohio, it was still an event that preoccupied our minds and helped the month fly swiftly by.

December 5: My birthday, and the Aquabats concert. Previous commentary has already been written concerning both these events. Go back and read about them if you wish. Or don't. I don't really care.

December 9: Christmas party for iWorks, hosted by Jeremy. This was a great dinner and a great evening. Thanks Sharla & Jeremy for all you do!

December 11: Young Men/Young Women baptisms for the dead at the Temple. As I am serving in the Priests Quorum, I was able to go along with them. It was great to take some time at this busy, over-commercialized time of year to reflect on the true purpose of our life on this earth.

December 12-14: Wells Family Christmas Party! This usually takes place on Christmas Eve, but since my brother Spencer was not going to be here for Christmas, the festivities came a little early. It included games, presents, and shotguns.

December 14: Spencer's mission farewell.

December 17: Spencer left for his mission to Fresno, California. We also had my work Christmas party, and it snowed. A lot (for St. George, anyway).

December 20: Shayla made a cake for Jeremy's birthday.

December 24: Christmas Eve. We went to Las Vegas to go to my dad's company Christmas party.

December 25: Christmas Day!

December 27: I hiked the Red Mountain with Steve, Josh, Harley, & Lucky.

December 29-31: House Hunting.

December 31: Shayla got sick. Max & I went to Analee & Josh's apartment with my parents for New Year's Eve!

The End.

December was so busy we barely had any time to stop and take a break! It all added up to make the month fly by. For those of you who hate reading, here's a picture or fifteen of everything that helped make December disappear:

Telling Santa what to bring for Christmas

Hiking at Pioneer Park

My birthday cake

Playing the White Elephant game at the Wells Christmas Party

Dreaming of a White Christmas!

Max liked pushing his truck through the snow. That's quite a feat for a kid who hates the cold!

Making Gingerbread Houses

Max wanted cars for Christmas. I guess Santa got the message.

So many cars... so little time!

Christmas Day. A White Christmas in Ivins!

Merry Christmas!

Harley had fun hiking the Red Mountain in the snow!

On top of the Red Mountain

Playing the Wii with Analee.



Max loved bowling on the Wii. Here's the video.

2 comments:

KC said...

The hike looks like it was fun

Happy New Year

jen said...

Max is getting so big! I love the video of the wii bowling. Have a great 2009!