Sunday, January 4, 2009

Red Mountain Hike

I mentioned this hike in my previous post, but as I was looking through some of my pictures, I felt it needed it's own entry. Having grown up in Ivins at the foot of the Red Mountain, I don't think I could count the number of times I've climbed up it. It is one of my favorite places to hike and camp. It's close, yet it seems so far from everything when you're up there. Out of all the times I've hiked it, I had never been up there in the snow. It gave me a new perspective on the mountain and the beauty it contains. Here are a few more pictures from this hike.


8 comments:

Lisa Burraston said...

such great pics!

Chad said...

whoa...looking at these pictures made me think of some seriously deep thoughts even Jack Handey would be jealous of. And seeing the snow makes me want to go on a snowboarding trip again.

sheila said...

wow, great picks. I liked them so much I had to share them on our blog.

Shayla, I feel so bad I never met up with you. We ended up being in St George for only 3 days, with Christmas day being one of them. We were busy busy busy. BUT

I have some news. We're moving to St George next month! Seriously. So I can redeem myself.

We'll be there from Feb-April with my parents. I'm excited. I'll see you soon.

Carr Family said...

Bob, its time. Don't try to be coy. You know what time it is. You KNOW what I'm talking about. Oh, you don't? Well here is a hint: One word: Backcountry. Its time for Vol. II.

dragon said...

Ahhh, the infamous red mountain. The first and only time I hiked this, there was rain, blood and tears. Being 12 never sucked so bad.

Unknown said...

Hey dude the photos are great! I am wishing I could have been there with you guys.

I agree with Lige

It is time!

Seth said...

Oh dear! I do really like your pictures though Bob. . .well done. I guess maybe I shouldn't try to look too close inthe future though.
These ones make me really want to have some redrock time.

Brooke Knecht said...

Beautiful! I miss sunny SG. Hope you guys are doing well!