Monday, December 8, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

The last couple of weeks have been a lot of fun. For Thanksgiving we headed over to my Aunt Karma's house and filled our bellies with lots of yummy food. We spent the rest of the evening playing games with Bob's parents and his little brothers. The next morning we made our way to Panguitch to hang out with K.C., Mary and Sophie at K.C.'s ranch. Max loved playing in the snow and was excited to see a real snowman in the yard.













Here is a picture of Max throwing a snow ball.

This is a picture of Max after throwing a snowball
right at the camera.


The next morning we headed home and Bob finished putting the lights up on the house.

We started out December by going to the live nativity at Tuachan. It was especially neat because the entire cast was from our ward including my brother Rusty and his family. After the the nativity was over we took Max and Tanner to see Santa Clause. We thought that they might be a little scared of Santa so we were surprised when it came to our turn and they both started running right toward Santa. But then they passed up Santa and headed straight for the bucket of Candy Canes. If you ask Max what Santa is going to bring him he will tell you Cars and Candy Canes. That boy sure does have a sweet tooth!
This picture is for my Dad. The boys sure do love your train!

This picture is for my Mom. Max loves all of your Christmas toys!
Happy Birthday Bob!
We finished the weekend off by Celebrating Bob's Birthday at the Aquabats's concert. Bob actually went to one of there concerts when he was in High School and I remember listening to there CD a lot when we were dating. It was a lot of fun even though we were some of the few older ones there. Here are some pictures of Bob and Max eating Bob's birthday Cake.




10 comments:

Moe said...

That cake is awesome!!!

Adam and Robyn said...

Okay,I'm going to guess that since you made Max's cake you probley made this one too. Sooo Cute! I'm going to start calling you "Chef Duff." Also, where did you find matching shirts for Bob and Max they is too much fun!

Heather Wells said...

Awesome, awesome cake! I want to hire you for Addy's birthday cake... too bad you will probably have a new little baby about that time and wont have time for it!

jen said...

Mmmmm. I love hamburgers. So I think I would love that cake too. My only question is...Did the ketchup taste good on the cake? :)

Analee said...

Shayla! That cake is amazing! I really seriously want you to show me how to make the fondant cakes!

Unknown said...

Wow Shayla that is an awesome Cake!
I wish we could have tasted it. It made the burger I had from IN AND OUT look plain and boring.

It was awesome hanging out with you at the ranch. We should do it again soon.

Carr Family said...

Once again I am completely blown away by the cake!!! Happy Birthday Bobby.

kate said...

Umm.. the cake is fantastic.. You've got the Skills to pay the bills!

Carr Family said...

I like how everyone thought that Bob's hamburger was a cake. I bet it took a long time to cook all that beef. Moooooooooooo. I like the picture of Max waxing the camera with a snow ball. And the devil cat under the Christmas tree - Yikes!

Anonymous said...

That burger took three hours to cook and the entire bottle of ketchup to go on it! It was delish and didn't taste anything like cake!

The devil cat under the Christmas tree is there to protect our Christmas spoils against the thieving hands of little boys. Shayla said they loved the train, but if you look closely you can see Max is eying the devil cat, trying to figure out a way past it and Tanner is sheepishly trying to act coy. They're after the goods, not the train!