
On my birthday we went to The Aquabats concert at the Electric Theatre. I have to thank the band for coming all the way from California just to do a show for my birthday! It was a great concert and reminded me of the first time I saw these guys back in high school.
For those who don't know, The Aquabats are seriously the best band in the world. If you don't believe me just ask them. They do put on a good show and are very entertaining. The first time I saw them was at The Tomb on St. George Blvd. (anyone remember that place?) and they came out breathing fire and threw hotdogs and marshmallows into the crowd. This time, they fought an evil Golden Idol using a magical club, and the lead singer kept dousing the crowd with bottles of water. They also used a lot of video effects that went along with their songs.
If you haven't heard of The Aquabats, you may have heard of the children's television show, Yo Gabba Gabba. The lead singer from The Aquabats is a co-creator of the kids' show and DJ Lance Rock from Yo Gabba Gabba was the opening act. During his performance I kept wishing we had brought Max with us. He would have loved it! DJ Lance brought along Plex, the yellow robot, and Brobee, the little green one. They put on a good show and it was a lot of fun!
6 comments:
Wow! that would be a great birthday party. . .playing with all the life-sized stuffed animals...doesn't it make you feel old though that you wanted to bring your boy to watch?
My brother Steve called me that night. He wanted me to chuck my kids and go with him, since we too had seen them at the tomb! Unfortunately Spencer was in SLC so I couldn't go. How funny that you were at the tomb too. Do you remember the bigger girl in the bikini top? I still have nightmares with her in them. Happy late birthday. That Cake is Fabulous.
Of course I remember the bigger girl in the bikini top! Although, my memories of her are more like a fantasy, rather than a nightmare!
Dude! I cant believe I missed yet another Aquabats concert. I am glad that there was a representative from the Ivins Militia there to grace the crowd with his presence. Happy Birth Day!
What a wonderful gift for them to come on your birthday. I totally remember the Tomb. I saw Atta Boy Skip there when I was in Eight Grade {my first concert btw} and I was totally freaked out by the crowd.. Funny!
It's dancy dance time.
I saw the aquabats in HS, too. They played in Rexburg, ID and cost $5. It was one of my first shows. I didn't realize they were still playing together.
Post a Comment