On Tuesday Nov. 23rd we packed our bags and made our way to back home to Utah. The kids did great on the flight and could hardly wait to get there and see Grandma and Grandpa and all of their cousins. But I think Max was even more excited to go and see his favorite dog Harley.
On Wednesday we headed up to Pine Valley. We stayed in a friends cabin with my parents Ryan, Danna and Lettie and the Carr Family. First we had dinner with a bunch of cousins at the Gardner Cabin and then we came back and put the kids to bed and were able to get in a few games before we all hit the sack. The next morning we bundled up and headed out into the bitter cold. I'm not sure what the temperature was that morning but it was 3 degrees the night before. But we weren't going to let the cold stop us from playing in the snow.
Bob and Isla
Bob and Isla pulling Max and Liam on the sled
Liam making a snow angel
On Friday we had Sharla's sister in law Tracy take our family pictures (I will post those when I get them) and after we were done with that Jeremy treated the whole family to lunch at
25 Main. It was a lot of fun and the food was delicious! Thanks Jeremy
On Saturday my Mom hosted a girls lunch, which is always so much fun! and then we went on a hike with our friends the Bethers. We hiked up the hill that is right behind the house that we lived in last summer. It was a lot of fun to see them again, and we especially loved to see the great view of mountains and the city that we love.
On Saturday night we were able to get together with a bunch of our friends an Sharla's house. It was great to see everyone again and so fun to see how much all of their kids have grown.
On Sunday we went to Eisley's baby blessing and then hung out at Sharla's house the rest of the night and played games.
On Monday morning we decided to go on another hike in the canyon between Ivin's and Santa Clara. Bob and I used to hike down here when we were dating and newly married, but I hadn't been down there since the great flood. It was kind of sad to see how different it was but we still had a great time and the kids loved climbing on all the rocks.
The guys and their kids, K.C. and Sophie, Liam, Lige, and Remy, Max, Bob and Isla
I think they were all looking at a grasshopper
After the hike we headed over to Sharla's house to see the changes they had made to their back yard. It is such a pretty yard and we made sure to take advantage of one of the newest installments... the Zip line.
On Monday night we were able to visit our newest niece Rory and her Mom and Dad, Moe and Steve. It was great to see them again and get to hold little baby Rory, She is so cute, I am sad that I forgot to take pictures.
We had such a great time while we were there! The kids were great the whole time and we loved seeing family and friends and the beautiful mountains that we miss so much. Thanks everyone for making our trip such a fun one!!
3 comments:
It looks like you guys had so much fun on your trip! I'm sad we weren't able to get down there to see you.
Wow, you guys really know how to live it up in St. George! We need to come down next time you come. I am sad too we missed you this time around.
You are already gone? Well that was a short trip. If you come back soon we need to hit the slopes. You will have to call me because I lost your number when my phone died.
Post a Comment