Thursday, December 23, 2010

The first snow

Max was really excited when it snowed the other day. So after we put Isla down for a nap,
Max and I went and played in the snow.



Max right before he knocked down the fort
(He destroyed the snowman before I could get a picture)

Last Saturday we decided to meet some friends and the Carr family at the Temple to see the lights. It was really pretty and we had a lot of fun visiting with the Bindrup's and the Judd's. Afterwards we met at Ihop for some hot chocolate.

Here are some pics for the Carr family. Shelli dropped and
broke her camera so we took some for them.



The Wells Family

For quite a while now we have been trying to teach Max how to write his name. But very rarely will he write it for us and he is always telling us he doesn't know how. So when we saw what he had done in our bedroom we weren't sure if we should be mad or excited to see that he could in fact write his name. He tagged quite a few things but here are just a few examples
This one is hard to see but look carefully and you can see Max's name on the window.


On Monday I took Max to preschool for his holiday party with his assigned bag of pretzels and sent him on his way, thinking it would be a typical school party with a few games and lots of yummy treats. So I was totally surprised when him and his teacher came out with a big gift bag full of gifts. And then his teacher said "and the ones in his backpack are from his other teacher" What there's more. I was shocked at how much his teachers had spoiled him. I felt pretty bad that I hadn't even thought about getting gifts for his teacher. Luckily they still had one more day of school before Christmas so that I could redeem myself. Anyway Max was pretty excited and had a great time at his party.
Max with his loot (and yes that is another froggy blanket. He now sleeps with three froggy blankets every night).

On Tuesday night we had a little party with three other couples, the Bindrups, the Judds and the Mautz's. We had a lot of fun eating yummy food, exchanging white elephant gifts and making gingerbread houses.
This is the only picture we took. The Judd's won with the best gingerbread house.

1 comment:

Carr Family said...

Thank you for capturing the Carr Family out at the Temple lights.

Camera has been repaired.