Sunday, March 8, 2009

What's cookin'?


They often refer to someone who's pregnant as having, "a bun in the oven". What happens when you cook that bun a week too long? I'm beginning to think that Isla will come out all burnt and crispy. Let's hope not.

Maybe she'll be wrinkled. Like when you sit too long in the bathtub or a pool. Only this wrinklage will be permanent, 'cuz she was cooked that way. Let's hope this isn't the case either.

Today Shayla decided she had had enough of this pregnancy thing and so we went on a hike. She's been reading about all the ways to make one go into labor, walking, jumping up and down, cleaning the house, riding a bike, et cetera, et cetera. And Shayla has tried all of these to no avail. Today we went for a drive on a bumpy road, hoping it would bump the baby right out of her. When that didn't happen, we went for a walk. Or should I say hike. This girl isn't taking any chances!



9 comments:

Carr Family said...

Sometimes Bob looks burnt and crispy. Especially when he cleaned pools.

Analee said...

sounds like that hike worked! Glad she's here! We can't wait to meet her!

Heather Wells said...

So when do we get to see pictures of the baby?? And Shayla, you look so cute pregnant! I can't wait to meet little Isla! Congrats.

mr catch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mr catch said...

Enough pictures of the big people. Let's see baby Isla! Congratulations! Max is one lucky Brother. :)

T. Driaza said...

Hurray for hikes/walks! Can't wait to see pictures of Isla!

The Facks of Life said...

Oh man! I feel for you girl. It's so nice to finally get it out! Good luck and let's hope it's sooner then later.

Unknown said...

I think Isla looks like she was done to perfection!

Anonymous said...

This is Analee's Josh. I have to make an honorable mention of Shayla's awesomeness! How many preggers go hiking past their due date? Shayla, you rock it ol' schoool, boyee!