Thursday, October 16, 2008

Rio Tinto Stadium

Last Thursday we went up to the Real Salt Lake game at the new Rio Tinto Stadium. It was the very first game ever played there! RSL played the game against the New York Red Bulls. The game ended tied at 1-1, so it could have been a little better, but the stadium was awesome! I have been waiting for this game since last year, I've been watching the constuction webcam, checking out the photos of the construction progress, reading all the articles about it I possibly could, and much more. Let me just say, being there for the very first game ever was awesome! The stadium is very nice, all the seats are individual chairs (there are no bleachers), and I think you'd have a great view of the game no matter where you sit. We were up in the upper deck and could see everything perfectly.

It was a fun game, there was such an exciting energy all around. It did get pretty cold, but luckily we were prepared with jackets and blankets. Max couldn't stand all the excitement so he fell asleep right after half time!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW that looks awesome! We would love to go to a game with you guys some time.

Carr Family said...

SOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!