Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Bob's Steaks

It's amazing what a little inspiration can do. After reading Chad's post about Philadelphia and it's namesake steak and cheese delicacy, I began wishing I could just go back there and pick up a cheesesteak for myself. I knew that wasn't an option, so I started wondering if there was anywhere in St. George that could offer a somewhat acceptable substitute.

After about five minutes of thought, I decided that there probably was no such cheesesteak establishment in St. George. My hunger for one of the tasty sandwiches became too much to bear. I had to take drastic measures. I had to make my own. I asked Shayla to pick up some steaks when she went shopping, and she returned with three perfectly thin slices of beef. I sliced the steak into even thinner strips, grilled up some peppers, and fried the thin strips of steak.

I have to say, all was going pretty well. When the steak was just about finished cooking, I greased up the griddle and toasted the hoagies for a few minutes. When they were just about perfect, I filled them up with steak, green peppers, and cheese whiz. I would just like to say, the finished product was delicious! I use to buy cheesesteaks from a small restaurant in Logan, and I have to say, mine blew them out of the water! I'm seriously thinking about moving to Philly and opening up my own cheesesteak stand.

It's amazing what one can accomplish with just a little inspiration. Thanks Chad. For your viewing pleasure, here is the finished product! Let the drooling commence!

5 comments:

Seth said...

DUDE! I am drooling like a rabid dog, and it only 1030 in the morning. I guess I know what Jennie and I are having for dinner.

Amy said...

It does look tasty! When you get a really philly cheesesteak you have to let us know how it compares.

Carr Family said...

Cheese Whiz...really?

Anonymous said...

Now that is a true American inspirational story...I bet they make a Lifetime Original movie about that.

KC said...

Cheeeeeese Steaaaak.....mmmmmmm.....