I'm surprised Harley still
acknowledges me. I'm sure that of all the weeks during his short life, this one has by far been the worst! It started out fine I'm sure, as far as dogs are concerned. Monday came and went without a blip. Same old routine, just another day. But then Tuesday, well Tuesday I'm sure he felt he was a glutton for punishment! Only he didn't know what he did wrong. It started about an hour earlier than ususal. I went out and got him out of his dog house. Usually, we have a routine where I will pour his food in his bowl, he'll eat half of it, leave to go poop, and then come back to finish the rest. But today there was no food. Harley stood by his bowl, not sure what to do. After a few minutes I took hom to the spot where he poops and he gladly took advantage of it, after which he quickly returned to his food bowl, olny to discover it was still empty! Instead of letting him pout over his nonexistent breakfast, I loaded him up into the back of my truck and we drove to the Washington City shelter to get him neutered. Boy was Harley in for a surprise! When we first got there he seemed to be okay with the missed breakfast. There were plenty of other dogs to sniff and cats to inspect. I think he forgot about breakfast altogether! After dropping him off, I went to work and coninued on with my day. Later that evening, I went back for Harley. He seemed pretty excited to see me and leave that torture chamber once and for all! If only he knew what was coming. When we got home I fastened Harley's new collar around his neck. Now, this isn't your typical doggie collar. It's technical term is an Elizabethan Collar. I call it a lamp shade. It's not very glorious, quite utilitarian in nature actually. It serves the purpose it was designed for. It's a big huge funnel-shaped collar that goes around his neck to keep him from chewing his stiches out. You've seen them before. Harley hadn't. He knew he wasn't going to like it though! It took me about 5 or 6 tries before I actually got the thing on, and then Harley, with all the wisdom that a five month old dog can possess, just stood there. He didn't move. This was a first. He stood there, looking straight ahead as if he were posing for a statue to be carved in his honor. Poor dog. This would be his life for the next ten days. He seems to be coping with the collar now, but I'm sure he will be ecstatic when he finally gets it off for good!
In other news, we went shotgun shooting with my family yesterday, unfortunatley we forgot our camera, thus... no pictures. On Monday, Max got a haircut. Danna was nice enough to come over and practice a few of her new skills as a hair stylist. She just started hair school this month, I'm not sure how much she's learned yet, but Max still has both his ears so I guess she's doing pretty good! His haircut looks really nice.
Here are a few random pics to keep the peeps happy:
3 comments:
Max's hair cut looks good. It makes so him look older! Blake feels bad for Harley, he said "that thing hurt dog, we need get it off."
Those pictures are priceless! Go Shayla!
I like dog stories...they make me laugh. It will be over soon Harley. Max is cute as ever!!!
Post a Comment