I guess that since it is now October, it means that summer has finally come to an end. If we still were in Logan I probably would have written that sentence about a month ago! It's been a good summer, but it also seemed like it would never end. I think that may be due in part to the length of the summer in St. George compared to the length of the summer in Logan. When we moved back down here in May, it was still spring up there with temperatures barely reaching into the low 80's. Our first week in St. George was a shocker as we were thrust into the midst of summer with temperatures flirting with the 100 degree mark! That sort of weather lasted for the next four months, and it was actually only about a week ago that it seemed to cool down a bit from the sweltering heat. Shayla and I both missed Logan quite a bit and every time we climbed into our car, aka "The Oven", we missed it even more! It was good to be closer to our families though, and to have Max living closer to his grandparents and a lot of his cousins and uncles and aunts.
We kept our summer filled like we usually do, and it was also nice to not have to make the long drive between Logan and St. George anymore. During the summer, I had a brother and a sister get married, but not necessarily in that order. I started a new job, Shayla started working at her old Wells Fargo branch... and quit three months later. We went to Lake Powell four different times, went up to Salt Lake once, Delta once, the Dirt Farm twice, and Duck Creek twice. We also said goodbye to Shayla's parents as they left on a mission to Kirtland, Ohio. We caught a tarantula on the front steps, adopted a puppy which we named Harley, and planted new grass seed on the dying lawn. Although it has been a good summer, we are glad to finally see the cooler temperatures of fall.
Here are a few pics from the crazy summer of 2007.
1 comment:
I love the pink stroller Max is pushing!
Post a Comment