Sunday, February 11, 2018

Iceland Day 6... Happy Birthday to ME!


Day 6... My Birthday. I have been lucky through my life to have the opportunity to spend my Birthday in some pretty awesome places (Hawaii and Alaska are a few of them) So I was happy to add Iceland to my birthday list. 
After getting ready for the day we drove around the cute little town again and then headed back into the foggy mountain












We stopped at a gas station in Egilsstadir and took a few pictures showing where we were at.
















Dettifoss














I may have a smile on my face, but these were pretty stinky!!


Since it was my birthday we decided to splurge a little bit and treated ourselves to the 
Myvatn Nature Baths and then a real dinner.


In Iceland you are required to take a shower before getting into the baths or pools and they expect you to shower naked along with everyone else and there are no shower curtains. 


The water was pretty warm. Some spots warmer than others.
That little tub in the bottom left was the really hot tub!!




We loved the nature baths
We didn't stay in this hotel, Bob just thought it looked cool.


My Birthday Dinner!

I ordered the Uncle Jack Burger. It was so so good (especially after eating hotdogs and ramen for a week) The salad was really good too and I have tried to recreate it many times since we have been home. 


Bob ordered the Bull Burger



As you can see the burgers were not cheap they were about $25 dollars each.
But totally worth the money!! 


After dinner we walked around Dimmuborgir
It is believed that trolls live in the Lava Tube tunnels





This is a trolls cave










This was one of my favorite places! It was about 9:00 at night while we were here and we only saw a couple of other people ( a very rare thing). We just wandered and enjoyed exploring and being with each other. It was a great end to a perfect birthday!!







It was another foggy night and we ended up driving past our camp site a couple of times before we found it. I think it was about 11:00 at night when we finally arrived (and when I took this picture).






No comments: