Thursday, December 1, 2016

Havasupai March 14th-16th

We had so much fun hiking to Havasupai! It is so beautiful!! Josh was able to get a permit for 6 people, so Josh, Spencer, Bob and I and Marci and Adam Butterfield. It is about a 10 mile hike to the campgrounds in Havasu, and then we hiked about another 10 miles the 2nd day down to beaver falls and then hiked the 10 miles out on the last day.  I was constantly amazed at how beautiful and blue the water was. It was truly an oasis in the desert.














our first view of the bright blue water





Marci, Adam, Josh, Shayla, Bob and Spencer



I loved hiking down these ladders to the waterfall! The trail also went through a couple of caves 

























getting ready to enjoy our backpacking food


















I guess Eyore got to tired to hike our the rest of the way
The hike out was pretty brutal when we had to hike up the switchbacks to the top
We decided that next time we will pay to have the mules carry our packs out :)

No comments: