Friday, October 28, 2016

Christmas Tree hunting for Bob's Birthday


Warning: the pictures below can be quite deceiving. It may look like we were having a great time
but these pictures to do not convey all of the whining, fussing and crying that went on. 
One little girl refused to put on her snow boots.  A young boy complained about having to walk in the snow. Another smaller boy got tired of walking, Two parents were mad and frustrated and one cute little boy was just as happy and content as could be. 

So don't worry, I am sure that we will continue with our Christmas tree hunting tradition and hope that next time, our kids will be happy and enjoy the good times!













After we found the perfect tree, we headed back to the van and I tried to carry both Wyatt and Ollie.
But I got tired and ended up leaving Oliver on the snowy trail while I
continued on with Wyatt (don't worry I could still see Ollie the whole time).
Oliver stood there and waited patiently until I got back. 

The Birthday boy








They enjoyed the Hot Chocolate we had waiting in the car for us




After the tree was secure on the van we headed back down the mountain and stopped and had a picnic on our way home.








Isla loved seeing the frozen waterfalls, so Bob and Isla stopped for a few minutes to look at them


Tired kid
When we got home we celebrated Bob's Birthday with brownies and presents

and Bob got the tree set up

He got a hammock 
I always love when I surprise him
He also got a big jar of pickles.
It is kind of a tradition of its own now.
It did end up being a good day. 

No comments: