Sunday, November 22, 2015

Road Trip To VA



On June 8th me and the kids along with Grandma Wells started our Journey across the country.
We had to stop to use the bathroom a few different times that morning and then we stopped at McDonalds for lunch in Grand Junction Colorado. Max said the bathrooms were disgusting and he refused to use them. So we went across the parking lot to JC Penny's so he could go to the bathroom and then we headed on our way.
I love driving through the Rocky Mountains!

We made it to Denver and stopped at IHOP before heading to the hotel. 
Then we went swimming before going to bed.
Isla enjoying her crapes


Sleepy boys


The Next day we drove through the rest of Colorado and then Kansas before finally making it to Grandma and Grandpa Wells' new house in Leavensworth, Kansas. It was the first time Grandma had been in the house too.
Grandpa made sure to unpack the little horse before we got there.
We arrived in Kansas on a Tuesday night and stayed there until Friday Morning. 
Grandma took us out to see the Missouri River.






And then we went to ride the carousel. It is 102 years old and had real horse hair on the horses


Grandma and Wyatt


Me and Ollie
Max asked the lady running the carousel how it all worked. She was so excited to have some one ask and took him in the center of the carousel and let him push the button to start it up and then showed him how it all worked.

This is her showing him the music

I loved watching the music play. It had real drums on it and everything
This is one of the oldest carousels in the world
My little Monkey's



These old games were pretty cool too!


Grandma got out the paints for the kids
 On Friday Morning me and the kids headed out on our own
tired boys on the morning we left Kansas

I was kind of proud about these lego box's I put together

I didn't want to stop at a restaurant by myself with the kids. So we stopped at a rest stop and ate bagels and yogurts.
They wouldn't have eaten anything at a fast food place anyway. They get tired of fast food pretty fast!
It was a good place to stop, where the kids could run around a bit and be outside







Isla liked having the air blow on her

Peaceful moment
 We drove until we got to Spring Field, Ohio. I had called ahead and ordered a pizza from Papa John's and so we picked it up and headed to our hotel. We ate our pizza and then waited for Bob to arrive.
He left VA after work so that he could meet us and drive back the rest of the way to VA.
He got to the hotel at about 11:00pm that night. We got back on the road the next morning. Bob drove the van with the kids. While I drove the car all by myself :) I listened to the Hunger Games book as I drove.
 We made it to Leesburg, just in time for dinner. We stopped at a noodles co. restaurant (no more fast-food for us). And then headed to the Jantzen's home where we would be staying for the next 5 weeks.
So you can't read it. But it is a sign that the Carr kids made for us.
Welcoming us back to Virginia
It made me happy!


No comments: