 |
| The day before surgery |
During the first week of January I noticed something growing on Ollie's Toe. I thought it was a wart or cyst of some kind. I showed it to his pediatrician and she told me to take him to a dermatologist. My good friend is a dermatologist and she wasn't quite sure what it was. It was growing very fast and was hard and unusual. She recommended I take him to a pediatric Orthopedic surgeon. I took him to one, and she thought she would be able to just drain the toe. But instead of draining it just bled and bled. It was sad and I was not very happy with the Doctor. So I took him to another Doctor, and she scheduled him for surgery to have it removed.
 |
| Oliver in the waiting room. He has no idea what is about to happen. |
 |
| Getting his hospital bracelet on. |
 |
| Dressed in his hospital clothes |
 |
| And away he went |
 |
| He was half awake when we got to him. He was really sad |
 |
| They put a huge cast up his whole leg. just for the one tiny toe. |
 |
| Poor Baby! |
 |
| All the way up his leg |
 |
| We were at the hospital for about a total of 4 hours and then headed home |
 |
| It only took about a day for him to start moving around like normal with his cast. He was crawling around and climbing the stairs with no problem. | |
|
 |
| The kids were excited to write on his cast! |
 |
| He had the cast removed 10 days later |
 |
| His toe still looked really sore. |
SSome pics of him getting around with his cast
 |
| He knocked this box of cheerios off the window ledge, and was quite proud of himself for getting a bunch of cheerios to eat. |
 |
| This is his toe two months later. The part that was cut off was sent to the experts in D.C. and they determined that he was pretty much growing another toe. And if you look closely it looks like it may be growing back under his toe nail :( |
1 comment:
That is so sad! I hate having to take little ones to surgery. They have no idea what is happening. Although I do think the cast idea would be nice in some regards. My little girl's knees are so scratched up from crawling everywhere. She could use some temporary knee casts just for the summer or until she can walk.
Post a Comment