Yesterday afternoon we set out in search of the perfect Christmas tree. Our search led us to Milltown Creek Tree Farm in Lovettsville, Virginia. We couldn't have asked for a better day, bluebird skies and a mild 55 degrees. Although it did seem a bit strange to be cutting down a Christmas tree on such a fine day.
The farm was quaint. A small shed/barn served as a gift shop. Max and Isla proudly purchased their own popcorn and we also were given free hot cider (although I was the only one who opted for hot. Max, Isla, and Shayla went for the cold cider). We walked up to a ramshackle shelter that featured a rough diagram of the farm laid out in black paint on one of the weathered plywood walls.
While waiting for a tree cart to show up, we browsed through a section of pre-cut trees, getting a taste of what was growing out on the farm. A few minutes later, tree cart and saw in hand, we headed off on our search.
Max and Isla loved running through the rows of trees. Wyatt hung out with Shayla, and before long, we had selected the finest Blue Spruce in all of Virginia! Both Max and Isla took turns helping me to cut it down, and they also helped pull the cart.
Back home, we set up the tree in our living room next to our makeshift fireplace. That night I covered the branches with lights and the next day (today) we hung the ornaments as a family.
3 comments:
You guys are so creative! Love the fire place! Tree looks awesome too!
Um. So did you make that fire place? Cause I want one.
Bob made the fire place. I was so impressed with him! I told him I wanted a fire place, so he went downstairs and made one. Then he pulled up a picture of a fire on the internet and started painting. The best part was that it only cost him $5.00 because we already had everything but the black wood on the back.
Post a Comment