Monday, November 14, 2011

Halloween Weekend!


The Saturday before halloween started out cold and snowy. 

This was the first time D.C. had seen snow in October since 1979. Max and Isla were super excited to see snow and they both wanted to run outside and play as soon as they woke up. Luckily, we were able to convince them to eat breakfast and get dressed first!






That evening we had our Ward Halloween party. Bob spent all afternoon making Chocolate Chipotle Chili for the Annual Chili Contest, and by the time we got into costumes and out the door, we were running a bit late. We pulled into the church parking lot about thirty minutes late, and when I got out of the truck I heard a strange noise. Bob quickly hopped out (in full costume) and realized that our tire was quickly losing air. The kids and I got out and Bob hurried home to change the tire in the garage since it was cold and raining outside (The tire was losing air like crazy. I fully expected there to be no air at all in the tire by the time I got home. Luckily, I made it without too much of a problem. -Bob). The party was not all that great and was over before 6:00 pm. Bob missed the entire thing and got back to the church just in time to pick us up. Not really wanting the party to end, I invited some friends over to our house and we had a little party of our own.

Iron Man and our Beautiful Butterfly

Can you guess what Bob dressed up as? 





The next day was Sunday and it gave us a day to relax between the ward Halloween party and the actual day of trick-or-treating.  



Before church, Max and Isla headed outside to shovel the snow off our deck. I'm pretty sure Isla dressed herself. I think she wanted the full three-day Halloween costume experience. At least that's what I'm going with. I don't want you all to think that this is how she dresses nearly every day (although you probably wouldn't be too far off).



What a hard working princess.

After church, we carved our pumpkins before getting ready for bed. As Max was carrying his pumpkin in from the front door, he dropped it by the steps that lead downstairs. The pumpkin took a bounce, rolled to the side, and fell, bouncing all the way to the basement. Max ran down to save his pumpkin and when he came back up, tears were streaming down his cheeks. His pumpkin had split down the side and a couple of large pieces were missing. He was devastated.

Fortunately, Bob was able to pin the pieces back together with toothpicks and Max was satisfied with the result. Bob told Max that it made his pumpkin look even more scary with toothpicks (spikes) sticking out of it. He was pretty happy about that.


Max and Isla had fun scooping out all of the seeds while Bob did most of the carving. Isla wanted a Cinderella pumpkin, and Max simply wanted a scary faced Jack-O-Lantern.



The next day was Halloween. We Started our the day by heading to the Airport to pick up Grandma Wells. We were all so excited to have her come and visit us.

Ready to go Trick or Treating

Shelli's neighborhood is perfect for trick or treating and we decided to go with them again this year. 
We did go to a few houses in our neighborhood afterwards.

Max enjoying his donut at The Carr's neighborhood get together before going trick or treating.

What cute kids! 

Max, Liam and Kaden.

Isla 

Our cute little Cow

Checking out the Loot

Grandma brought us all wax lips.
Max's Scary Jack-o-lantern

Isla's princess 



3 comments:

Amy said...

I love Isla shoveling the snow in her princess outfit! Looks like you guys had a great Halloween!

Moe said...

Way cute costumes! Except for maybe Bob's. That was just down-right scary! Pink Flamingo? Very creative. Love the little cow. And the pumpkins!

Sam said...

um... uh... pink tights? I can't decide if you are brave or crazy. Probably both. Pink tights? What? Did you wear it to work?