It was a sweet little hike, although at times we were too concerned about keeping warm than we were about the beauty of the canyon. As luck would have it, I forgot my camera, but Josh's friend from work didn't. Luckily I was able to snag a few of his pictures from Josh, who snagged them from him.
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Pine Creek...
Last weekend I went with Josh, his buddy from work, and my little bro Bryan to a little hike in Zion called Pine Creek. It's a neat little slot canyon with 5 or 6 rappels, the last one being just under 100 feet. We also had quite a few swims at spots through frigidly cold, black water.
It was a sweet little hike, although at times we were too concerned about keeping warm than we were about the beauty of the canyon. As luck would have it, I forgot my camera, but Josh's friend from work didn't. Luckily I was able to snag a few of his pictures from Josh, who snagged them from him.
Dropping in to the first pool. It might look like hot chocolate, but this water was colder than a penguin in July! I think there were ice cubes floating around in here somewhere!
Wading through Pine Creek.
Four hot studs, trying to warm up at one of the few dry spots in the canyon. Please try to refrain from making this smoldering photo your desktop background. Seriously. It's too hot for you. Ladies, I'm married.
It was a sweet little hike, although at times we were too concerned about keeping warm than we were about the beauty of the canyon. As luck would have it, I forgot my camera, but Josh's friend from work didn't. Luckily I was able to snag a few of his pictures from Josh, who snagged them from him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Aside from the frigid cold temperature...the hike looks way fun. We should do it sometime when we are around and its warmer.
I heart Zion.
I hear Zion too...and the last photo...
I knew it. That last photo is dripping with too much testosterone for the casual blog surfer. I might just have to put a little link on our blog that says,
"To view this blog, you must be over 18. Click here if you're 18+, click here if you're too young."
That will definitely weed out the innocent little children. It always does.
Hey Robert,
A friend and I hike thru there back in 1970. We were young and dumb and had no rappeling gear. What did we know? We had a rope which we used a couple of time and somebody had left a big rope where the window in the rock is. It was a little short and we didn't know how deep the pool was underneath it so we did the only logical thing: we flipped for it and my buddy lost. He dropped into the water and we were lucky it was deep enough he didn't break an ankle.
Anyway, we came to the big drop at the end and didn't have a rope long enough and couldn't go back the way we came so we had a scary climb out to the right and came out on the Overlook trail.
Uncle John
At least you didn't have to swim with a dead deer . . . yeah that was a fun trip through that frigid canyon. Good times though . . . and yes I<3Zion too. But if you are offended by my bad mouth then how do you get away with posting such explicit photography? Do I sense hypocrasy?
And, your Uncle John is HARD CORE!
Post a Comment