Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Cinco de Puko

Last night, Max threw up five times. That's right, FIVE TIMES! He never acted sick or even had a slight fever, so I'm not sure what was wrong. I don't think Max knew what was happening either, but he knew he didn't like it.

The first time he was just standing there in the living room, talking to Shayla. Like I say, he never even acted sick. All of a sudden, projectile vomit flew out of his mouth at a rate that would impress most confetti poppers! He just stood there for a minute... I don't think he really knew what had happened, and then he started to cry. I guess he decided he didn't like it.

The second time he had just gotten out of the bath tub, and Shayla was carrying him down the hall. Yup, it went all over Shayla. I'm glad I wasn't holding him.

The third time, I think Max knew it was coming and didn't know what to do about it. I think he knew he didn't want to throw up, so he tried to run from it. He was standing at one end of the living room next to Shayla. I was on the other end. Max started to cry, ran as fast as he could to try and get out of the living room (He was headed for the hall, although I don't know where he was trying to run to) all the while puke was spewing forth leaving a sticky, smelly white trail behind him. Luckily he had to run past me to get to wherever he was going. I grabbed him and held him while the rest of the vomit freely flowed out and onto the floor.

By this time I thought Max probably didn't have anything left in his little tummy and I thought it would be safe for me to hold him . Luckily for Max, his parents gave in and decided he could stay up late (it was probably about 9:30 by now, maybe closer to 10) and watch Monsters Inc., his most favorite movie ever. We sat down on the chair and watched for about 30 or 45 minutes. By that time, I decided it was time for Max to go to bed, and he could finish watching the movie in his room.

Shayla was smart and got a huge salad bowl and put it next to Max. She laid down next to him in his bed, watching Monsters Inc. and waiting for Max to fall asleep. Well, you guessed it, vomit number four came knocking, this time it all went into the big bowl.

Again, Max never really acted sick, had a fever or anything. He had a late dinner of chicken nuggets, and went back to his room to watch his movie. That's when number five hit. This time, instead of being the watery white fluid we were used to seeing, it was tinted red from the ketchup used on his chicken nuggets, and was littered with nice chunks of, you guessed it, chicken nuggets. Luckily most of it went into the bowl.

By this time we had decided enough was enough. We had held off on giving him any medicine simply because he didn't have any sort of a fever, and he never acted like he felt sick (other than the obvious puking). We finally broke out the children's ibuprofen, Max happily took it, and it was back to bed!

He finally fell asleep, and we were expecting a rough night ahead filled with dirty blankets and pillows, a crying two-year old, and little sleep. Thankfully we were wrong. Max slept the entire night, woke up at about 8:00 this morning, and proudly proclaimed, "Max feel better!"

7 comments:

jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jen said...

Oh, I am so sorry! I must say...so far I am handling the spit up ok, but I don't know about cleaning up puke! I am so glad "Max feel better!" :)

mr catch said...

Hmmmm...Tanner watched Monsters last night too.

Your last paragraph ended up at our house instead.

It should be expected since this is our travelling day for Thanksgiving. It's the curse. Hopefully Tanner can keep it down on our ride North.

Glad Max is feeling better. I however, am not!

Carr Family said...

Ah man, where are the pictures?

Analee said...

poor max. I feel so bad for him, and Shayla. I probably would have puked from being puked on.

kate said...

Umm... well, I'm pretty sure that Max shared his kisses too much with Sophie. She not only threw up 15 times, but we had loads of dirty diapers, blankets, and several changes of clothing! ;) Poor kid. Poor parents..

Jenna and Jarett said...

Poor little guy! Don't you just love the joys of parenting? Glad to hear he's feeling better!