Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sometimes great weeks come out of nowhere. It's like getting an email from Ingbat Singat in India saying that he needs to wire a million dollars to America and has selected you to do it for him. In exchange for your bank account information he will give you 20% of the million bucks. Initially you'd think it was a scam, but then for a minute you think, "What if this is real?" So you try it, and you know what? It is a scam, but now you know and will never do it again, so really, it turned out to be pretty great in the end. Weeks can be like that.

This week was that kind of week. We put up a bunch of Christmas lights, I had an awesome birthday, and we went snowboarding on Saturday! Unfortunately we didn't get any pictures of us snowboarding, we were having too much fun to worry about stopping to take a few silly pictures, but let me just say, the snow was awesome! It was light, fluffy, soft powder. Perfect conditions for a snowboard season opener!

Here are a few pics from the rest of the week:

Max loved helping with all the Christmas lights. Many of you know he has a strange obsession with lights (it was after all, his first word). He wanted to eat this set of rope lights. Our son is very bright!

Here is the house in all it's glory.

For my birthday Shayla made me this awesome cake that looks like a map of the world. I have the best wife ever!


Here are a few videos for your viewing pleasure.



This is Max eating the lights. I didn't try them myself, but they look pretty good.




Other than eating lights, Max discovered the wonders of ketchup!




Max loves Christmas! He has a hard time waiting to open his presents. I keep hoping he will open one of mine, but so far no luck. He has only opened his.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like a fun week. And please don't tell me you really fell for the email! Oh and I love the ketchup face.

Heather Wells said...

Ha. Kaden will have to introduce Max to the joys of peanut butter and ketchup sandwiches!

Carr Family said...

Seriously the lights on the house blew me away...you guys went all out!!! PS.The Way Bob downs bottles of ketchup...max was bound to love it. it flows in his viens.

Tim Anderson said...

Hi Shaylah!!!!! It was fun to hear from you!! I can't believe how BIG Max is! He is so cute! It really is crazy how fast time goes by! Having a baby is the GREATEST thing ever and looking at fun pictures of when they get older and the silly things they do makes me excited for what is to come!! So, how is St. George? We are still in the 52nd ward and it is as great as ever:) We're moving to Clinton/Syracuse area this summer, though. I am way sad to leave Cache Valley but Tim got a good job in Ogden so off we go! Anyways, keep in touch.

Tim Anderson said...

Ok, that was me above but apparently I am posting under Tim's account.
Love, Kelly Anderson

kate said...

Hey.. I found you through the blogline! We missed seeing you guys at the Ugly Sweater Party at Shar's tonight! I hope you guys are having a wonderful Christmas Holiday!

Forward With Fun and Faith said...

Hey Wells Family!! It's the Barker's here from the long lost 52 ward...We have a blog that we would love to invite you to. Send your e-mail to stevebarker12000@yahoo.com