Sunday, October 14, 2007

Another Week Bites the Dust!


This week got off to a rip-roaring start! It began with the always adventurous adventure of cleaning out the cupboards. The highlight of this event was the treasure trove of long-expired, perishable food items we found. The biggest find was this half empty (or half full) box of Grape Nuts that expired in.... APRIL 2002!
I guess Grape nuts aren't very popular in these parts. Or maybe they are and that's why they've hung around here for so long.

That very exciting event quickly came to a close, and the Grape Nuts were hastily thrown out along with all of it's other long overdue cupboard mates. Not ones to back down from adventure, we weren't quite satisfied from our bout with the cupboard so we decided to smell up the neighborhood and spread manure all over the lawn.


Now this wasn't your normal, everyday manure you pick up for a dime a bag at your local grocery store. No, this was none other than Steer Manure! That's right, don't bring your piddly little cow manure around here, we only use the smelliest and best!

The middle part of the week was a little ho-hum. We passed the time eating popsicles and letting Max catch a cold. This held us over until a surprise call came Friday afternoon from our good friend Austin. Austin promptly informed me that he was in town and asked if we wanted to go camping with him and the soon to be Mrs. Austin. Of course I was very excited about this and called Shayla right away to fill her in on the day's sudden turn of events. Shayla quickly reminded me that Max had a cold and it probably was not a good idea to take him camping. So, instead of camping, we simply went and hung out with them and roasted brats for dinner and mallows for desert.




Max liked the Jello Salad.


We had a great time and were glad we finally got to meet Mary Ann. We only wish we would have been able to stay and spend the night.

To cap off a week such as this, we went for a walk down by the Virgin River and let Max and Harley play in the water. Of course Max loved playing in the river, but Harley was a bit more timid. We forgot our camera on this little trip, so I apologize for not having pictures. To make up for it, I do have a picture of this...


This is an Acorn Squash that came from the rogue plant growing in the middle of the lawn in the back yard. Where it came from, nobody knows. It just started growing one day so we decided to leave it. And now we have some squash.

4 comments:

Phill, Allie, and kids said...

Looks fun! It's about time Austin finds him a wife! Heck we have been out of school almost 10 years now! Tell him congrats for me!

Amy said...

Sounds like a fun week! Sorry Max has a cold, that sucks.

sheila said...

Hey Shayla! Wow I can't believe how big Max is now. He is really really cute. Really. Where are you guys living now? St George? Anytime you want to come over- just come on down!

Marci Wittwer Butterfield said...

ShaY! I saw that you had commented on sheilas blog... so I checked out your blog and here I am. I am so jealous that you guys are living in st. george. Oh how I miss the weather and family. Max is growing so big and is the cutest boy ever! So what else is new? As for me life is the same as ever. School is basically keeping me super busy.. I just want to be done with school forever. maybe one day. Well anyway I too have a blog.... at least when I get around to writing on it.. so check it out. http://marseainboston.blogspot.com